Friday, February 27, 2009

Blog #3


We read about the Encomienda System this week and the way that the Indigenous people had to conform to the Spanish way of life, especially religiously, struck a chord with me. My wife has an Uncle that has a domestic partner. I have been married for going on thirteen years and they have been together for much longer than that. They have been a faithful loving couple for almost two decades, however they are not able to get married because of our current belief system. I have to admit, at first I wasn't to keen on the idea of same sex marriage, however once I truly thought about it I had no choice but to open my eyes! With a lot of my heterosexual friends that have been married now divorced, it seems the better example of unity between two people would be that of my wife's uncle and his partner. I have a major problem with any religion that's says my god or higher being discriminates against anyone that produces love and respect towards another human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment