Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Blog #1

This image is by Joe DiMaggio and is titled "Last Summer Before Girls."
I relate to this piece mainly because of the different emotions displayed. The mixture of the title and the dark mood of the colors used, make it seem as if the artist is doomed, not to mention the ominous faces in the clouds. In contrast the joy the subject seems to be having with his dog gives me an uplifting feeling. I like the very different contrasts of emotion this piece pulls out and I would like to be able to express my vision with as much depth as Mr. DiMaggio.

Click on the link to see more of Joe DiMaggio's work.
http://www.artwanted.com/artist.cfm?ArtID=42048


This is a photo I took. I am a action sports photographer
by trade and would love to getting into editorial/fashion photography. This picture was taken in San Francisco. We were going to shoot around the city, but when I got to the model's location the rain came down and didn't let up.
What I love about this picture and the whole day of shooting is that we had to try and come up with something spur of the moment and we where able to produce some of my favorite images I've ever taken in this genre. What I love about art and photography in general is finding that one moment and capturing it, even when at first it is not apparent.


This piece is by Sylvia Ji and is titled "Waiting." This artist kills it. There is nothing more appealing to me than a strong woman that is also sexy and alluring. The art Miss Ji creates to me is stunning to say the least. They are like sirens pulling me into the oceans abyss....completely mesmerized!
Make sure to take a look at her site
Sylvia Ji http://www.sylviaji.com/


What I mainly want to get from the Art 12B class is an understanding of Mexican Art and how it has evolved. I travel to Mexico every year and love its' people and culture. I would like to incorporate some of the things I've experienced , in Mexico, in some mixed media projects and would like to be knowledgeable in what it is I'm using.


One more of Sylvia Ji's works
"Lacatrina." In the spirt of Art 12B.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Michael,

    I came across your blog (accidentally) and could see you are right at the beginning of your "blogger career" - at least at blogspot.com
    Definitely you have a lot to tell and show as a sports photographer - so go on posting some of your thoughts & photographies...
    ...and share them with the rest of the world.

    Regards from Germany,

    you-wee / Uwe.

    ReplyDelete